Competitive advantage, there is a competition in the term itself, so how does a company ignore its importance? Each business is seeking to get to its clients before others in this changing marketplace and this is made easier with the aid of the internet.
But these days, everyone is online, so what makes a difference? The answer is SEO.
- Today 97% of consumers use the internet to research a product or service. Each user surfing the web uses different search engines to solve their specific problems.
- SEO helps search engines to identify useful websites for users based on the problem. Based on certain criteria, search engines rate websites, and this keyword ranking determines which website is going to appear first or last to the customer.
- Every user surfing web uses different search engines to get solution for their specific problem. SEO helps search engines identify useful websites for the users according to the problem.
- Based on some factors, search engines rank websites, and this ranking decides which website is going to show up first or last to the user.
There are some strategies that can be used to improve your rankings.
1. Optimize your site to be mobile-friendly
Research says that 74% of people say that if a site works well on a mobile they are more likely to return to it in the future. Google also updated its algorithm in 2016; mobile-first indexing became a SEO ranking factor. They did so after noticing that most searches are performed using mobile apps. It’s not the 1980s, after all, when users of mobile phones were limited. Today, billions of people across the world now have smart apps. Therefore, you need to optimize your site to be mobile-friendly to get higher SEO rankings.
2. Focus on local SEO optimization
In recent years, ‘near me’ searches have risen as people are still searching for goods or services that are close to their geographical position. The main aim here is for users to find your business when you provide your contact information and directions on your website the users can easily locate their company.
To be unique to each page.
3. Focus on Metadata
Metadata is a key part of SEO and includes Meta descriptions and title tags. You’ve got to make sure that every content you post contains it. Meta explanations need to be original, and each will explain what a particular page is about. Unless you repeat them, the platform can hardly be noticed. On the other hand, title tags need to be captivating, so, they will include a keyword to let the people know what the website is all about. They also need to be unique to each page.
4. Link building
Link building is a modern SEO technique that is not expected to fade soon. Why? Search engines consider backlinks to be a ranking factor, and if your site has a lot of quality backlinks, it will most likely to rank higher. This is up to you to adopt the right link building technique so that your website is safe from negative backlinks that might have you being penalized. This is also desirable to derive connections from authoritative sources.
5. Implement LinkedIn SEO
LinkedIn SEO differs from standard SEO because of the keywords that users type in to search for LinkedIn services and companies are not the same as what users’ type in Google. However, when users search for long or short tail terms in Google, LinkedIn profiles have a chance to rank in the SERPs. That’s why we recommend that you customize your profile with SEO keywords, and what we call, “Facebook SEO keywords.”